It’s been a while since we chatted about fashion and personal style. Last year when I lost my job, shopping was the least of my priorities. And now that I am back employed, I can’t say that’s changed. Partially because I’m being be more fiscally responsible, partially because I can’t afford a lot of the nice things that I once could. Those things considered, there are still times when I want to treat myself without breaking the bank. Places like Boohoo.com help me do just that.
Initially recommended by a former associate, I started shopping on Boohoo a couple of years ago. At first glance, it is really easy to go crazy and binge shop on this site. The prices are cheap and the clothing looks great. However, through trial and error I have discovered a few things. Here are my top 5 pros and cons for shopping Boohoo.
- There’s Something for Everyone – If you are a person that always likes to be on trend, you will love this place. All the latest spring trends from ruffles to embroidered floral prints and everything in between can be found here. If you have more of a classic style, there’s something for you too. Tons of solid colored items that can be mixed and matched to create the look of your choice.
- Sizing – Boohoo offers sizes 0-24 as well as some petite and tall lengths. I have found that most of what I ordered was either true to size or a little large. To ensure best fit, READ THE SIZING CHART. The size chart and measurements on any site should be your best friend but especially here.
- Price – The prices are CHEAP. Not only are their regular prices inexpensive, starting at about $10, they have daily specials that help you save up to an additional 70% off your purchase. The dress photographed here was $17.20 after shipping.Crazy, right?
- Shipping – As a person that has been spoiled by the swift shipping times of other online retailers such as ASOS, Boohoo shipping can sometimes feel like turtle-time. To combat that, I suggest you not order anything that you are in a pinch to get. Order whatever well in advance to save yourself the stress of waiting.
- Quality – Given how inexpensive most of the items on the site are, you have to assume that not every thing you order will be of amazing quality. I have ordered a number of things from Boohoo and the majority of what I ordered had really good or decent quality. There were a few things that were “meh” in the quality department but the good far outweighs the bad. I suggest paying very close attention to pictures of the clothing on the models and the material composition of the clothing you order.
All in all, Boohoo is a great place to shop if you are on a budget but still want to slay. In addition to clothing they offer shoes, handbags, and accessories. If you have ever shopped them before, leave your experience in the comments. Thanks for reading!